Most of us sit at home and wonder how people can come up with great pet products, pet care, or apps for pet owners. And then there are those who have the idea but don't know where to go next. They aren't in a position to start a business, or wouldn't know where or how to begin to bring their idea to the marketplace. Apparently, those people are called nontrepreneurs. If you're one of those people, I have some very interesting news for you.
|Sandy's photo by James Stagg|
WayFounder is a new company founded by Damon D'Amore. Who's he, you may well be asking yourself. You're not alone, I didn't know, either. D'Amore is a former Wall Street Trader who was a broadcast producer for The Apprentice and Undercover Boss, two popular business-related television programs. WayFounder has just - and I mean literally - just launched to help those of you who have the idea but not the means for making that dream come true.
There will be a quarterly online competition and pet-related products are slated for the first quarter's competition. WayFounder will provide the winner in each category (there are a few in the quarter) with a cash prize of $10,000., a commitment to spend up to $50,000. to bring the product idea to market, and royalties. If a product that's selected exhibits the promise of scaling up into a product line of its own or even spawning an entirely new category of its own, WayFounder commits $250,000. to hire an "Executive Entrepreneur" or a Founder/CEO with experience in that specific category, to take the business to the next level.
|Sam & Alana's Photo by Claire Clayton|
TheWayFounder Team consists of an impressive Advisory Board:
- Jeffrey Hayzlett: CEO of The Hayzlett Group, Contributing Editor and Host of Bloomberg TV, and former Fortune 100 CMO
- Justin Lewis: Former President of the Global Retail Marketing Association and Fortune 500 CMO
- Jamie O'Hara: Founder and Managing Partner of Grise Global Ventures
- Jeff Pulver: Founder of #140 Conference, Co-founder of Vonage
- Sasha Strauss: Founder and Managing Director of Innovation Protocol
- Bill Wilson: Founder and President of ClickxChange (Not related to Ryan Wilson)
Here's the link: http://www.wayfounder.com Follow it if you have a dream you hope will come true....
The competition is currently limited to residents of the United States.