Thursday, June 11, 2015

Did You Ever See Animals Interacting with Their Reflection in a Mirror?

Cinnamon by Jayne Lewis

Animals are so much fun. We love interacting with them and for good reason - they are part of the family. One of the most amusing things is to see an animal's first reaction upon seeing him or herself in a mirror for the first time. Do they realize they're looking at their own reflection? Do they think they're seeing a potential playmate? An enemy? There are probably as many answers as there are animals. 
I thought we could use a little levity this week so I'm happy to share the video below. Take a look at what the nice people at Hoopla-Ha!  http://www.youtube.com/HooplaHa

Relax, laugh and share this with your animal loving friends. They deserve a laugh, too.

9 comments:

Jim said...

These are cute, Darlene. Looks like good exercise for most! Thanks!

Gordon Brice said...

Great fun, Darlene. Really laughed at the kitten darting in and out at it's reflection and was left wondering what the big dog eventually did. It couldn't just stand looking at itself forever, after all......LOL!

Darlene said...

James, I'm so glad you enjoyed it! Yes, especially for those trying to play with their mirror image, it was great exercise!

Darlene said...

Gordon, thanks for writing. The kitten was darling and that poor Neo probably didn't know what a big dog as staring him in the eye.

Rescuegal said...

Thank you, Darlene Arden, for bringing some levity to your blog and to my day. No way you can watch this and not smile. I find myself wondering what is going through their little minds when they see their own reflections. This is just cute.

Darlene said...

Thank you so much for your comment, Rescuegal. I'm so glad you enjoyed it. I wanted to bring some fun to my readers and I'm glad you were able to smile and enjoy it. Yes, it's hard not wonder what they're thinking!!!

Dru said...

Too cute!

Darlene said...

Thank you for commenting, Dru. I'm so glad you enjoyed it.

Oatmeal Cookie Recipes said...

Great read thankyoou