Thursday, December 11, 2014

Purina Pro Plan's Incredible Dog Challenge Sweepstakes - You Could Win!!


If you know me then you know how I feel about sports - a "sport" is any guy who'll go to the ballet with me. The exception to my rule?  Dog Sports!  (Full Disclosure: I love Cat Agility - but I digress.) Those of you who know me well know that I am World Canine Freestyle Organization's Judge #002, the first judge's number awarded by the Board. #001 went to Caroline Hudnall who created the judging system based on her experience as a figure skating judge. Yes, a real one. 

I love to watch all dog sports. You'll never see me running Agility but don't be surprised to see me ringside cheering everyone on. You name the dog sport and I'm there.  I think it's wonderful for dogs and their people. Everyone gets exercise, has fun and makes new friends. What's not to like?  Every dog should be doing something


If you like to take pictures of dogs who are doing what they love to do (every dog and owner has accomplished something) have I got a contest for you!

The Purina Pro Plan Incredible Dog Challenge Sweepstakes. Take a picture of your dog doing something incredible and then showcase what your dog has done in 2014.  Has you puppy learned to climb the stairs? Has your dog decided that the cat is really a great friend? Has your dog finally run through a tunnel? Jumped through a hoop? Learned to say his prayers? Tag your submissions on social media using the hashtag #GreatDog2014

The Grand Prize includes 2 Round Trip Plane Tickets to Huntington Beach, CA for The Incredible Dog Challenge Western Regionals, a 3-Day, 2-Night Hotel Stay, Ground Transportation and Spending Money and a $500. PetSmart Gift Card.  

That's quite a haul!

For even more details go to:  https://petsmartproplan.ryan-adsi.com

No purchase is necessary!

More Info: https://www.proplan.com

                  https://www.facebook.com/ProPlan

This looks like GREAT fun! Breed doesn't matter, your dog or puppy can be of mixed heritage. AKC events are for Purebred dogs. 

To this I would like to add that I love all dogs, pedigree or no pedigree. However, while I support rescue, I also support Legacy Breeders. These are not puppy millers, or commercial breeders, nor backyard breeders. Legacy Breeders maintain their chosen breed, improving on it so that it meets its Breed Standard, is healthy both physically and mentally, they carefully screen potential owners and puppies are sold with a contract that includes taking back the puppy or dog at any time in the dog's life if the owner(s) can't keep him. They take full responsibility for dogs of their breeding. I am supportive of Susi Szeremy's National Purebred Dog Day which started as a page on Facebook and she is now fundraising to create a website. Please go here for more information: http://tinyurl.com/nytnn2l

NOTE:  I wanted to bring The Pro Plan Incredible Dog Challenge to my readers because I believe in dog sports. The request to blog about the Sweepstakes came with a PetSmart gift certificate for my 4-legged kid. Because of my ethics, a comparable donation will be made to a local shelter. 


2 comments:

Jim said...

Thanks, Darlene. These are great opportunities to share our special friends (pets) to others.

Darlene said...

Thank you so much for your positive reaction to my post and the Incredible Dog Challenge Sweepstakes!